Squoval Road Bikes
Bikes encounter a complex set of loadcases, from sprinting to climbing and from cornering to descending. Each cross section of the “R-Series” Squoval road bikes is engineered to optimize strength, stiffness, comfort and low weight in every situation.
R5ca - 2011
For several years now, the engineers at Cervelo’s Project California have been developing lay-ups, new production techniques and new test methods. The R5ca is what happens when you put all of that knowledge in a frame and let the engineers build it inside the research facility.
• Low weight to help your climbing.
• Torsional stiffness for safety and confidence while descending.
• BB stiffness to not waste any energy.
• Vertical compliance and vibration damping for comfort on long rides & bad roads.
• Smartwall for Carbon
• Optimized headtube taper
• Ultra-thin seatstays
• Minimalist front derailleur mount
• Reverse seattube collar
• Single bend cable routing