Squoval Road Bikes
R-series bicycles are engineered to optimize strength, stiffness and comfort, while offering low weight in every situation. Whether you are sprinting for victory, or climbing the highest cols, an R-series bicycle offers the best collaboration of our Project California engineering. The Smartwall™ optimized second generation Squoval™ tubes place material where it is needed most, and remove it where it is not. This not only allows us to increase stiffness, but maintains maximum comfort in all conditions. Because Cervélo R-series bicycles come in three optimized lay-ups, you are guaranteed to find a Squoval™ bicycle which meets your needs, but exceeds your expectations.
R5 - 2012
The R5 VWD is one of the lightest frames in the world. Lighter than the R3 Team, its impressive test scores are achieved because Cervélo maintains stiffness and strength standards for even its lightest frames. The R5 achieves this by using the technologies developed at the Project California, and mates then with highly complex lay-ups to further save weight and add stiffness.
• Low weight to help your climbing.
• Torsional stiffness for safety and confidence while descending.
• BB stiffness to not waste any energy.
• Vertical compliance and vibration damping for comfort on long rides & bad roads.
• Second Generation Squoval™
• Smartwall™ for Carbon
• Cervélo Optimized 1 3/8" tapered Steerer Tube
• Single bend cable routing
• Ultra-thin seat stays