Aero Road Bikes
In 1996, we brought the aero concept to road bikes. Our unparallelled experience helps us engineer the “S-series” bikes which are not only faster but without sacrificing its other qualities: strong, stiff, comfortable and light. No wonder it’s the only aero bike raced on the cobblestones.
With victories from cobblestone Tour stages to mass sprints to the World Championships, the S3 is Thor Hushovd’s favorite bike. Aero road bikes seem to be a “trend” nowadays, but for Cervélo and its riders, they are the essence of what we do. They offer the advantages of reduced drag while preserving everything else you expect in a good road bike. Not an easy balance to strike, but 15 years of experience doing that certainly helps.
• Reduced aero drag to save energy.
• A low geometry to put yourself in an aero position.
• Proper road bike performance, because an aero focus shouldn’t compromise reduced weight, BB/torsional stiffness or comfort.
• Oversized bottom bracket area
• Smartwall for Carbon
• TrueAero shapes
• S3 aero seatstays
• Aero chainstays
• Aero headtube
• Internal Cable Stops ICS3