Cycling shoes really are a power interface device, subject to many small variations that make the difference between an ordinary shoe and an excellent one. The intriguing feature of the Assos cyclingSlipper_G1 is its carbon sole, which wraps around part of the heel and can be molded to an individual's foot for a truly custom fit.
The G1 is precisely handcrafted for Assos by Lake, melding extreme high tech with traditional artisanal shoe manufacturing. G1 uses real kangaroo leather for its supreme softness and its excellent ability to adapt to each wearer's foot. G1's footbed is slightly wider than traditional Italian shoes, which allows your toes more room to move and breathe.
- Upper: Kangaroo leather: lightweight, breathable, form-fitting, abrasion resistant and antimicrobial treated. Silver mesh: breathable, abrasion resistant and anti-microbial.
- Outsole: Patent pending 100% carbon fiber sole with thermo-formable reinforcement material in the heel. 3-hole compatible.
- Lining: Kangaroo leather: light weight, breathable, anti-microbial treated. Outlast temperature-regulating heel and tongue liners help maintain a comfortable temperature.
- Closure: BOA technology closure system. Micro-adjustable, pressure-equalizing closure. In combination with Lake's patent pending, heel-securing sole system, the BOA closure keeps the foot secure and comfortable without needing to over-tighten the shoe.
- CFC race last: The CFC race last is specifically shaped for optimal power transfer, putting the foot in a position that allows energy to be focused on the pedal.
It's simple. Put the shoes in the oven at 80 °C degrees for 5 minutes. Wear two socks, put the shoe on, sit down with your knees bent at 90 degrees, then use your hands to push or pull the carbon fiber into form where needed. Let it cool down without moving. Done! This process can be repeated as needed, should you ever feel pressure points (after the first 1000 km).