Haibike (a brand of Winora Staiger GmbH) has issued a voluntary recall of several of its XDURO e-bikes (listed below) due to potential fork breakage.
In its recall notice, Haibike explains, "During our regular quality controls, we have discovered that the fork of Haibike Race, Superrace and Urban models show premature breaking." The potential issue was identified in Haibike's "above-standard endurance tests," and they go on to say, "some of our testing criteria are significantly above the standards set by DIN, ISO or EN norm."
Because of Haibike's precaution and understanding of the potential safety and injury risk, they advise affected owners to immediately stop using the bikes and contact their Haibike retailer to initiate the fork replacement process.
Affected models and years
- Haibike XDURO Urban (model year 2014, 2015)
- Haibike XDURO Urban RC (model year 2016)
- Haibike XDURO Race (model year 2014, 2015)
- Haibike XDURO Superrace (model year 2014, 2015)
- Haibike XDURO Race S RX (model year 2016)
- Haibike XDURO Race S PRO (model year 2016)
- Haibike XDURO Urban S RX (model year 2016)
- Haibike XDURO Urban S PRO (model year 2016)
Haibike recall next steps and consumer contact info
More recall information: